Offering dedicated opportunities throughout the academic year for cultural and learning experiences. ASCEND Scholars are expected to actively participate in ASCEND and remain committed to actively participate for this academic year.
Who is eligible?
Participants must be Kennesaw State University students who are pursuing their first bachelor’s degree. They must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Verified as an Unaccompanied Homeless Youth status based upon the McKinney-Vento Act provided by school system
- Eligible for educational/vocational sponsorship by the Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS), Independent Living Program (ILP) of the Georgia Foster Care unit.
- Eligibility otherwise determined by CARE Case Manager or Program Coordinator
1. Opportunties to attend:
- Summer Bridge
- Cultural Events
- Education Abroad
2. One-On-One Case Management with KSU CARES
- Progress Monitoring
- Financial Assistance
3. Academic And Professional Development Programming
Opportunities and Expectations
Eligible participants admitted to ASCEND commit to:
- Regularly attend meetings with KSU CARES staff
- Attend ASCEND-sponsored events
- Participate in academic and professional development programming
Apply for Summer Bridge
Return to main page