Through a partnership with Catholic Charities Atlanta, we screen for eligibility and assist with the application for public benefits, namely for Food Stamps. The Food Stamps Program, or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), helps households that have limited income and resources to pay for the cost of food. A single individual, families, and individuals living together are eligible to receive food stamps if they meet certain requirements.
For more information about Catholic Charities go to CatholicCharitiesAtlanta.org.
Who is eligible?
• A citizen of the United States.
• Legal Permanent Residents who have had their green cards for 5 years or more.
• Qualified immigrant children under age 18, refugees, and certain elderly and disabled individuals are eligible without a waiting period.
• Someone who is not eligible due to immigration status may apply on behalf of a U.S citizen or eligible noncitizen household members.
What is needed?
• Birth Certificate
• Social Security card
• Lease agreement or mortgage statement
• Utility bill
• Pay Stubs/ Letter from employer
• If applicable, additional income (child support, disability, SSI, etc.)
Services provided by CatholicCharitiesAtlanta.org are funded by